Yesterday I cast on a new pair of socks as I’ve finally finished all of the wedding socks. I’ve counted that I’ve made 10 pairs of socks total for this wedding. Do you think it’s enough? I want to design a nice label to put on the socks when I gift them, and buy boxes and tissue paper to wrap them up nicely. I guess I should have done that yesterday when Jessica and I went to Michael’s to buy flowers.
We bought beautiful flowers for my bouquet and to hang on the chuppah. I spent more money on them than I thought, but it was worth it. I think the ceremony will look really lovely with the homemade chuppah and flower arrangements. Wish I had taken pictures but I will have tons of pictures after the wedding.
What I do have pictures of is the final pair of wedding socks. These were a breeze to knit; the pattern is RPM from Knitty Summer 2006. It was easy to memorize and perfectly portable, thus I knit these in Philly, St. Louis, and all over my house the past couple of weeks since I’ve been sick. Did I mention I’ve been really sick, the most sick I can remember in my adult life? Or that I tend to get sick on my birthday and at other people’s weddings (such as during Helen’s bachelorette party and 2 days before Tim’s wedding). I just hope I feel well enough on my wedding day to stand up for a long period of time.
Anyway, back to the socks. The yarn is Noro Kureyon sock and is pretty rough to work with, but I don’t mind knitting with something not as soft every once in awhile, especially when it’s so colorful and gorgeous. The only complaint I have is that I found a knot that caused a section of color to repeat on the second sock, and thus the color blocks don’t line up very well. But I think it gives the sock character. I’ve frequently been warned about this yarn and cautioned to pre-wind it if I am anal about stripes matching up, but I’m not anal about such things.
So as far wedding knitting is concerned, I have only the chuppah to finish. 8 more rows, then cast off, blocking and fringe. Pretty exciting stuff.