Today’s segments include: noteworthy, drafting, fully drafted, and five favorite things! Let’s knit together!
May personal sock yarn club prize, donated by Seashoresharon
May finish it up knitalong prize, donated by Seashoresharon.
Saturday, May 25 Huntingdon Fiber ArtsFest teaching a half day workshop on cast ons and bind offs. So far there are only 2 students registered for my class. I have it divided into 3 hours, but with only two students we might finish up a lot more quickly. The good news is that because of the small number of registrants, I will be teaching in the same room as drop spindle, so I may be able to learn a few things there too! Hour one: basic cast ons and bind offs, hour two: stretchy cast ons and bind offs, hour three: decorative cast ons and bind offs.
June is my podiversary! I’m going to do a giveaway every week when I record. The thread for giveaway #1 will close on Tuesday, June 4. I will be giving away a skein of Gothsocks 100% merino in the colorway Tardis. Question #1: What is your favorite podcasting moment from the last year?
For the finish it up KAL:
Radiance Shawl by Helen Stewart in Sundara Yarn Silk Lace colorway Arabian Nights on size 5/3.75mm needles. Using wood with the silk lace so it doesn’t slip too much.
For the personal sock yarn club KAL:
Vanilla socks in Ladybug Fiber Company Self-striping colorway Purple Anemone on size 1/2.25mm signature needles
Into the Whirled Odds and Ends: I stopped plying my first set because I’d like to count it for stash dash. I will finish spinning this into a single and then wind both strands into a ball together and try plying from that cause it’s a pain to ply from the tiny balls. I am thinking about buying another spindle just for plying as I really dislike plying on the Spanish Peacock spindle.
My singles were really thick for awhile, so I started pre-drafting really slowly and carefully and now they are really thin. I think I might need a happy medium but I’m not sure where it is.
Thanks to everyone for all of your tips! I’m really enjoying the process of spinning right now. I may try all kinds of different things until I find what suits me best. I am crazy like that. Everything I’m spinning right now is practice fiber so it’s totally ok with me to just play for awhile.
Vanilla socks in Spinning Fates toula colorway Elementary, Doctor Watson, on size 1/2.25mm signature needles
Five Favorite Things Philly Style
1. Day 1: bead store, 20% off seed beads so I got a few prettys
2. Day 2: Reading Terminal Market. I got some bulk spices to cook with because my CSA starts today!
3. Day 3: Hidden River Yarns where I picked up some Quince and Company Finch, 5 skeins in Robin’s Egg Blue. I love this color!
4. Day 4: Loop. I had a little bit of time leftover so we stopped at Loop before going to the train. They had just got in some sock blanks from Black Bunny Fibers so I picked one up. Purple and Orange, love love love!
5. All of the yummy food! Ruth Chris steak house, Middle Eastern in Reading Terminal Market, Pop’s Water Ice, the Cantina mexican food, Chickie and Peets veggie sandwich, Vietnamese, Morning Glory cafe.
Wherever you travel, bring your knitting along, and engage your creative process!